The SKWAWKBOX has continued to offer exclusive information and analysis to Labour members and to the nation and has been shown to be right on multiple occasions this year, even when its opponents have attacked it or tried to dismiss exclusives as false.
Below are 16 examples. If you would like to support the SKWAWKBOX and can afford to do so without hardship, details on how to do so are at the end of the article:
- when the left at the top of the Labour Party pushed Rebecca Long-Bailey as the sole left candidate, the SKWAWKBOX warned that not giving members another option would gift victory to the right – a warning that proved correct
- SKWAWKBOX warned that Rebecca Long-Bailey’s pursuit of centrist votes would be disastrous and drive away Corbyn’s huge support base – and was attacked by both her campaign manager Jon Lansman and communications head Matt Zarb-Cousin. After the results of her dire campaign were confirmed, Zarb-Cousin – while still trying to justify the decision – told Novara media that he had badly misread Labour members and failed because he had tried to appeal to ‘soft left’ centrists:
- SKWAWKBOX warned that Momentum’s determination not to unite behind a ‘slate’ of left candidates for Labour’s National Executive Committee (NEC) deprived Labour members of a clear set of candidates to back and called on members to vote for Jo Bird and Lauren Townsend, because they were by far the most popular among members, while Momentum‘s and CLPD’s decisions to back different candidates would split the left vote disastrously and allow the right to win.
Bird and Townsend came far ahead of the other left candidates – but the split vote allowed two unpleasant right-wingers to gain the vital seats
- Momentum founder Jon Lansman attacked the SKWAWKBOX’s warning about the NEC elections- but the reaction of Labour members showed how out of touch he was, as the result of the by-elections also proved
- when an internal Labour report showed that fully a third of antisemitism complaints against Labour were being made by a single individual, the SKWAWKBOX broke the news – news the ‘mainstream’ media largely chose to ignore
- a SKWAWKBOX exclusive revealed that up to 90% of the evidence in many antisemitism complaints had to be rejected because it was irrelevant or unfit – a revelation that the Labour right immediately attacked. The leak of an internal Labour report confirmed that even right-wing Labour staff found much evidence in such complaints unusable
- SKWAWKBOX revealed exclusively that right-wing Labour HQ staff had diverted funds away from key seats during the 2017 general election campaign to protect right-wing MPs in safe seats. The leaked report last weekend proved that this was true
- when SKWAWKBOX pursued information about a right-wing Labour councillor’s housing fraud, Greenwich council denied there was an investigation. The fraud prosecution subsequently exposed the cover-up – and the councillor was convicted of fraud and perverting the course of justice
- when members of a Liverpool CLP were smeared as antisemitic by the Labour right and the national media, the SKWAWKBOX pointed out the real situation. Press regulator IPSO – hardly known for finding against its members – was subsequently forced to conclude that the Jewish Chronicle had made up its claims and tried to avoid exposure
- when the Tories first floated their ‘herd immunity’ plan, the SKWAWKBOX was attacked for pointing out that it would cost hundreds of thousands or even millions of lives. But that fact is now undisputed, with the government’s own advisers eventually admitting it – and the Tories have publicly u-turned, although the u-turn is a pretence
- when the government told the nation that passengers brought back from China in February were being quarantined, the SKWAWKBOX exposed the reality that they were allowed to move freely with no effective isolation and that this laxness showed the Tories were putting the people of the UK in danger. Tens of thousands have now died here, while the government hides the scale of its guilt by only reporting deaths in hospital – and under-reporting even those
- when the Tories claimed to have delivered millions of masks and other protective equipment to NHS staff being exposed daily to the virus, the SKWAWKBOX warned that the claims were nonsense and that staff were still left unprotected. That situation continues
- the SKWAWKBOX was attacked for exclusively revealing that the government was understating even hospital death figures by half. That fact is now common knowledge seeping even into the Establishment media’s coverage
- as those death figures mounted, the SKWAWKBOX warned that deaths outside hospitals were not being included in government updates. The government has now been forced to start including that fact in its bulletins
- a SKWAWKBOX exclusive showing that the government was telling hospitals not to test NHS staff was attacked as fake news by the right. That fact, too, subsequently became common knowledge and the government is crawling toward testing some NHS staff
- when the government’s failures forced the NHS to start sending coronavirus-infected elderly patients back to care homes, the SKWAWKBOX broke the news exclusively. Now at least 2,000 homes have outbreaks – and many have lost numbers of residents in double figures
The SKWAWKBOX is provided free of charge but depends on the support of its readers. If you would like to support on a one-off or regular basis – and can afford to do so without hardship – click here to arrange a single or modest monthly donation via PayPal or here for a monthly donation via GoCardless (you’ll be contacted after sign-up to confirm a GoCardless amount).
Thank you for your solidarity so the site can keep bringing you information the Establishment would prefer you not to know about.
If you wish to reblog this post for non-commercial use, you are welcome to do so – see here for more.