The SKWAWKBOX continues to inform Labour members and supporters of the real events and landscape within the party – and to discomfit those who attack and undermine it, bringing information to light either exclusively or against the current of the mainstream media narrative.
Below is just some of the news and information broken since the blog’s last report. By design, the SKWAWKBOX relies entirely on the support of readers and carries no advertising, to ensure information is available and easy to read and share.
If you’re able to do so without hardship, please consider clicking here to set up a one-off or modest regular donation.
- exclusive information about a secret offer parliamentarians said had been made by Theresa May to Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon – a new independence referendum in return for SNP abstentions on May’s eventual Brexit deal that the SNP didn’t properly deny
- details of how Theresa May survived a crunch meeting with the Tories’ ‘1922 committee’ and the likely fall-out
- evidence of social media giants coordinating moves to block left-wing news sources
- the involvement of the company behind the ‘people’s vote’ march with a controversial firm breaking electoral laws during the EU referendum
- an exclusive exposé of the shameful attack by the National Union of Journalists in disinviting a ‘new left media’ editor – who is also a member of the union – from a key Black History Month lecture
- detailed analysis of DUP moves to undermine Theresa May’s Brexit deal
- an exclusive, in-depth interview with the left’s Welsh leadership – and First Minister – hopeful Mark Drakeford
- detailed information on the separate and then unified left ‘slate’ of candidates for the important elections to the NCC, Labour’s senior disciplinary body – and the organisations that have backed it
- inside information on problems with one of the candidates initially selected – and the resignation of another
- the largest CLP (constituency Labour party) in the UK’s decision to affiliate to Jewish Voice for Labour and to back the full left slate for the NCC
- praise from leading international academics for the rigour and methodology of research exposing the bias of the mainstream media
- the humiliating apology of the Mail to Jewish Voice for Labour leaders it falsely accused of racism
- the atrociously callous messaging of participants in the ‘people’s vote’ march
- details of who can vote in the NCC elections and how
- exclusive information about Momentum founder Jon Lansman’s attempt to persuade a right-wing MP’s members not to deselect her
- debunking a right-wing newspaper’s attempt to sow division between Momentum and supporters of the Jewish Labour Movement
- the attack by right-wing organisations on the president of the Jewish Board of Deputies for suggesting a move toward better dialogue with the Labour Party
- exposure of a Labour staffer’s intervention to complete forms for a weak right-wing Labour councillor
- up to the minute coverage of the trial of a blogger targeted by a notionally-Labour West Midlands council
- exclusive revelations of the aftermath of Cumbrian MP John Woodcock’s decision to quit the party to evade disciplinary procedures
- revelation of Blairites skipping a key meeting to listen to Tony Blair – and losing control of their CLP (constituency Labour party)
- the kindness shown by left Labour MP Chris Williamson to an arch-rival
In these ways and more, the SKWAWKBOX has challenged and shaped the UK’s prevailing political landscape on behalf of the many.
The SKWAWKBOX needs your support. This blog is provided free of charge but depends on the generosity of its readers to be viable. If you can afford to, please click here to arrange a one-off or modest monthly donation via PayPal. Thanks for your solidarity so this blog can keep bringing you information the Establishment would prefer you not to know about.
If you wish to reblog this post for non-commercial use, you are welcome to do so – see here for more.