The importance of the ‘new left media’ (NLM) is perhaps best reflected in the attempts of the Establishment to suppress them, with social media platforms introducing measures to reduce the circulation of non-approved information and the government setting up a ‘fake news’ squad to block dissenting voices.
This is unsurprising, as the SKWAWKBOX and other NLM regularly expose government spin, misinformation and outright lies – and seriously inconvenience the Establishment with news that is rarely covered by the so-called ‘mainstream’ media.
Just in the past few days, the SKWAWKBOX has revealed or highlighted:
- the conflicting information put out by Tory ‘eugenics’ MP Ben Bradley, resulting in him deleting (too late, as it’s saved here) his Linkedin profile
- the truth about far right and Tory smears about the Labour Party’s supposed ‘more expensive for white people’ tickets for a regional conference
- the mass Tory vote to remove the post-Brexit human rights of UK citizens
- under-reporting of the scale of the NHS crisis because of ‘odd’ statistical practices
- poor journalistic practice and borderline fake news by a national newspaper
- comments by a right-wing Establishment commentator that it doesn’t matter whether smears against Labour are accurate or properly sourced
- the torrid time given to Theresa May – in a Tory stronghold
- the incompetence with numbers of a fake Tory smear against Labour MPs
- a right-wing attempt to stitch up a Labour front-bencher as a supporter of racist groups
and more. This blog seems to have the ‘MSM’ so rattled that it’s become news when we block a ‘journalist’.
The SKWAWKBOX, by design, relies on the goodwill and support of its readers. We carry no advertising, receive no funding from any external organisation and we pay extra to remove our hosting provider’s own adverts to make sure the information is as clear and easy to read as possible.
If you’re able to do so without hardship, please consider making a one-off or modest monthly donation via PayPal by clicking here. Your solidarity and support make a huge difference.