The absolute state of these chancers…
Keir Starmer’s Shadow Foreign Secretary David Lammy has published a risibly jingoistic tweet claiming that his ‘commitment’ to NATO and to Trident nuclear missiles is ‘unshakeable’ – accompanied by a link to yet another article by Starmer front-benchers in a right-wing rag, this time the Telegraph.
But Lammy’s ‘commitment’, not so long ago, was to getting rid of Trident, describing nuclear weapons as “completely useless as a deterrent”:
Lammy’s Commons speech against Trident was also published by Saul Staniforth:
This is not Lammy’s first shameful rodeo under Starmer. He has also:
- attended a junket sponsored by the firm responsible for the deadly Grenfell Tower cladding
- attended the ‘elite’ Bilderberg Conference – paid for by a firm owned by a former intelligence chief
- shot a cynical selfie video with Starmer at the Holocaust Memorial
- denounced striking workers – like his Telegraph co-author John Healey
- dangerously smeared former party leader Jeremy Corbyn as pro-Russian – despite taking cash from a Russian TV station himself
The absolute state of the chancers on Starmer’s front bench is a disgrace that would be laughable were it not so nauseating.
SKWAWKBOX needs your help. The site is provided free of charge but depends on the support of its readers to be viable. If you’d like to help it keep revealing the news as it is and not what the Establishment wants you to hear – and can afford to without hardship – please click here to arrange a one-off or modest monthly donation via PayPal or here to set up a monthly donation via GoCardless (SKWAWKBOX will contact you to confirm the GoCardless amount). Thanks for your solidarity so SKWAWKBOX can keep doing its job.
If you wish to republish this post for non-commercial use, you are welcome to do so – see here for more.