As readers of this blog will know, Wallasey CLP (constituency Labour party) was suspended last year amid long-discredited allegations of non-existent bricks through windows and alleged homophobia.
The resumption of CLP meetings was initally promised for the start of 2017 but the suspension was extended without clarification and has been in place until now.
The first steps are finally in place with the announcement of branch AGMs (annual general meetings) to take place this month for the selection of branch officers and of delegates to the main ‘general committe’ CLP meeting.
‘Centrist’ members of the CLP and former executive will certainly be organising to try to win the key positions and delegate places that will set the tone and direction of the CLP for the next year – so it’s essential that left-wing, pro-Corbyn members get to their branch meetings to win the votes, as they did successfully for the selection of the CLP’s delegates to this month’s annual Conference.
The meetings, dates and locations are as follows:
- Leasowe & Moreton East 5th September 7pm-9pm Leasowe Community Centre, Twickenham Drive, Wirral, CH46 1PF
- Wallasey 11th September 7pm-9pm. Oldershaw Rugby Club, Belvidere Road, Wallasey CH45 4RY
- Moreton West & Saughall Massie 12th September 6.30pm The Armchair, Hoylake Road, Moreton, CH46 9PD
- New Brighton 12th September 7.30pm- 9pm St James Church, Albion Street CH45 9LF (near New Brighton railway station)
- Liscard Tuesday 19th September from 6.30pm. Park view Social Club, Liscard Rd, Wallasey CH44 8AB
- Seacombe 29th September 6.30pm. The Parkview Social Club, 88 Liscard Road, Wallasey CH44 8AB
If you’re a Wallasey member, or know someone who is, please make sure the Left has its full representation at each of these meetings.
A date for the resumption of the full CLP meetings has not yet been announced but should follow once the AGMs are successfully completed.
The SKWAWKBOX needs your support. This blog is provided free of charge but depends on the generosity of its readers to be viable. If you can afford to, please click here to arrange a one-off or modest monthly donation via PayPal. Thanks for your solidarity so this blog can keep bringing you information the Establishment would prefer you not to know about.