Hornsey and Wood Green Labour party in London votes for statement of solidarity with leadership – and says it has no confidence in Tom Watson even as an MP
Hornsey and Wood Green CLP (constituency Labour party) in London is the largest in the country by some distance. It has just voted overwhelmingly to approve a motion expressing:
- members’ continuing ‘steadfast’ support in Jeremy Corbyn’s leadership
- its complete backing for Jennie Formby, Labour’s general secretary shamefully treated this week by notional deputy leader Tom Watson
- recognition of ‘unparalleled’ media attacks on Corbyn
- its lack of confidence in Watson to fulfil the role of MP, let alone of deputy leader
- a call on CLPs with MPs undermining Corbyn to make full use of the impending ‘trigger ballot’ process to choose a new, genuine Labour MP
The full motion reads:
So overwhelming was the majority among the CLP’s delegates in favour of the motion that the meeting didn’t even need to bother with a full count.
How long will it take Watson to get the message?
The SKWAWKBOX needs your support. This blog is provided free of charge but depends on the generosity of its readers to be viable. If you can afford to, please click here to arrange a one-off or modest monthly donation via PayPal or here for a monthly donation via GoCardless. Thanks for your solidarity so this blog can keep bringing you information the Establishment would prefer you not to know about.
If you wish to reblog this post for non-commercial use, you are welcome to do so – see here for more.