Party announced list of five candidates for seat allocation after incumbents
An NEC panel has selected its candidates for their West Midlands regional list in next month’s European Parliament elections. The elections are run on a proportional representation basis, so candidates higher up the list – shown below in order – have the highest chance of a seat:
- Julia Buckley – Labour councillor in Ludlow
- Ansar Ali Khan – former Birmingham councillor who lost his seat when the city’s number of councillors was reduced last year
- Zarah Sultana – Labour Party community organiser
- Samuel Hennessy – a union paralegal
- Liz Clements – Birmingham councillor
Incumbents Neena Gill and Sion Simon will take the first two places. The elections will take place unless a Brexit deal is finalised earlier, as part of the extension to 31 October agreed by the EU.
The SKWAWKBOX needs your support. This blog is provided free of charge but depends on the generosity of its readers to be viable. If you can afford to, please click here to arrange a one-off or modest monthly donation via PayPal or here for a monthly donation via GoCardless. Thanks for your solidarity so this blog can keep bringing you information the Establishment would prefer you not to know about.
If you wish to reblog this post for non-commercial use, you are welcome to do so – see here for more.