One of the left’s triumphs at last month’s Labour annual Conference in Brighton was the passing of a rule-change to elect three additional ‘CLP’ (constituency Labour party) representatives to the party’s ruling National Executive Committee (NEC).
The schedule for the election process has been finalised as follows:
- Closing date for CLPs to nominate candidates: 5pm Thursday 16 November. Each CLP may make up to THREE nominations
- Membership eligibility cut-off: 16 November 2017. It is believed that eligible members must have at least eight full weeks’ membership at that date, but clarification has been requested from the Labour Party
- Sending of email ballots: from Thursday 30th November 2017. Ballots will be sent out in batches over the following week. Postal ballots will only be issued to members for whom Labour do not hold an email address for
Members who have not received a ballot can contact Labour HQ from Monday 11th December on email@example.com for the re-issue of their ballot by email or post.
The closing date for votes has not yet been communicated but has been requested from Labour’s press office.
The left slate candidates are:
- Yasmine Dar (Membership Number: L1173052)
- Rachel Garnham (Membership Number: A777413)
- Jon Lansman (Membership Number: A018501)
The SKWAWKBOX asks readers to note the key dates, to make sure to cast your ballot promptly – and to vote for the above three candidates to ensure the strongest voice on the NEC for the majority of Labour members.
The SKWAWKBOX needs your support. This blog is provided free of charge but depends on the generosity of its readers to be viable. If you can afford to, please click here to arrange a one-off or modest monthly donation via PayPal. Thanks for your solidarity so this blog can keep bringing you information the Establishment would prefer you not to know about.