The right wing, whether Tory or UKIP, doesn’t want to exit the EU for freedom from some threat of federation, but for the freedom to abolish our human rights on employment, workplace protections, discrimination and more. Vox Political has published a brilliant summary of the threat – please read it and don’t let yourself be robbed without a fight.
You do realise what David Cameron means when he says he wants to re-negotiate our membership of the European Union, don’t you?
For a start, he means he wants to abolish laws that protect the human rights your ancestors fought tooth and nail to win for you.
He won’t make any deals in your interest. That’s not in his nature.
If he gets his way, you could lose the right to:
- Written terms and conditions of work, and a job description – and the right to the same terms and conditions if transferred to a different employer.
- Four weeks’ paid leave from work per year.
- Not be sacked for being pregnant, or for taking time off for ante-natal appointments.
- Come back to work after maternity leave, on the same pay, terms and conditions as before the leave started.
- Health and safety protection for pregnant women, new and breastfeeding mothers.
View original post 775 more words