A couple of weeks ago, the SKWAWKBOX covered the proof uncovered by Al Jazeera of Israeli infiltration of the Labour party (and others) to exert undue influence on politics and policies – and specifically to undermine Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn.
Jeremy Corbyn called on the Prime Minister to properly investigate Israeli interference in UK politics but Mrs May, unsurprisingly but ludicrously, decided that a mere apology by the Israeli ambassador was the end of the matter.
This has caused considerable outrage among right-thinking Labour members, incensed at
- the admission that the Israeli embassy set up groups within Labour to further Israel’s interests and to helping those groups achieve their ends
- the huge array of right-wing, anti-Corbyn Labour MPs who are implicated by their involvement with the Labour Friends of Israel (LFI) group specifically discussed by Israeli diplomat Shai Masot
- the admission that Israel was working to undermine UK MPs they consider unhelpful
- the revelation that Israel, or at least Masot, does not want Corbyn – a long-time supporter of a just settlement for Palestinians – as Labour leader (do the maths with the preceding point)
- the incessant ‘fake news’ allegations that Labour has an ‘antisemitism problem’
- the claims by the CHAC (Commons Home Affairs Committee), which contains LFI and CFI (Conservative Friends of Israel) members of the ‘antisemitism problem’, even though the committee’s own report says there’s no evidence
At least one Labour CLP (constituency Labour party) – Sefton Central, to the north of Liverpool – has discussed a motion calling on Labour’s NEC (National Executive Committee) to conduct a formal, public investigation into these matters:
Subject: Emergency Resolution on Government of IsraelFollowing the recent documentary “The Lobby’ made by Al Jazeera, Blundellsands and Manor Labour Party wards call on Sefton Central CLP to ask Labour’s NEC to undertake an internal inquiry into the revelation that attempts have been made to infiltrate and subvert our Labour Party. Specifically we ask the investigation examine the £1m fund being set up primarily to be accessed by Labour MPs sympathetic to the Government of Israel.We ask the investigation examine the purpose and nature of this fund and that the findings be shared with all CLPs via the NEC.Proposed by Blundellsands and Manor Wards
This blog is delighted to report that the motion was passed unanimously.
The SKWAWKBOX urges members of every CLP to propose a similar motion, to organise to make sure it passes and to require both an acknowledgement from the NEC and confirmation of action – and then maximum censure of those MPs, MEPs, employees and members found to have worked against Labour and the party’s reputation and electoral prospects at the behest of Israeli operatives. Ideally, the matter of the antisemitism smear and its association with LFI (and JLM – Jewish Labour Movement) supporters should be mentioned specifically as well.
The SKWAWKBOX is provided free of charge but depends on the generosity of its readers to be viable. If you can afford to, please click here to arrange a one-off or modest monthly donation via PayPal. Thanks for your support so this blog can keep bringing you information the Establishment would prefer you not to know about.